
Ute is teaching a geometry lesson to middle school students during 6th period. Kristy and I are busy helping some of the students one-on-one. The girl I help is so excited that she knows how to do geometry that she starts clapping and says that she loves it. Sadly, I still hate math.
Today was quite interesting. I visited a music class where students practiced playing their guitars and keyboards; a gym class (the kids played hockey); a Literacy lesson for 3rd-5th graders; a class full of noisy 1st and 2nd graders (two of the girls made it a point to mess up my hair, then braid it, then put it in pigtails...it was cute, but then it felt like they were ripping it out so I tried to re-focus them by reading to them more, then showing them my camera).
So far I think the kids are great. It is also nice to be in a classroom where you can give individual attention, as opposed to teaching 25-29 students at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment